When you have just acquired your driving license or have not been driving for that long it is important to consider all personal and legal requirements before you decide to take a long driving holiday half-way across the world. Of course,there are many under 25 car rental companies out there but you would want to find the ones with no hidden costs, gimmicks or unpleasant surprises.
What to Look Out For
Many countries charge a young drivers fee and this usually affects those under the age of 25, which is considered green in terms of driving age. It doesn’t matter how long you have been driving for or how many international driving licences you own. The onus for the extra charge lies squarely on the car rental company so be sure to check this out before. Luckily there are plenty of apps which you can use to help you choose the best car rental firm. One of the most reliable in circulation is rental24h which is available on Google Play.
Checklist For Planning Your Driving Holiday
Let’s break down the essential stuff you need to plan before setting off on your dream holiday:
1. Check if any surcharge exists on the car rental depending on your age
2. Check if you would need to pay extra insurance for your age
3. Check if all cars available in car rental are eligible for drivers under a certain age group.
4. Check if the car rental can provide a service if you are under 21 years of age. Unfortunately the lower the age the more complicated it is to rent a car.
5. Check legal regulations for any country you intend to visit, especially the traffic ones. Driving on the other side of the road, intersections and right of way may all be different depending on where you are going.
6. Check the weather before you leave. In icy conditions your car will need to be equipped with special grip tyres.
7. Check the technical specifications of the car before renting as you would want to feel at ease before taking the wheel. Very few car rentals actually take the time to show you how a car works and going through all the instructions might waste you a few precious hours.
8. Check that the price you book online includes all the extras, such as full insurance cover, GPS and fuel. Unfortunately, when a price seems too good to be true it usually is.
9. Check the exact location of the pick-up and drop-off points beforehand as you may end up driving around in a circle
There is nothing more exciting than planning a vacation and the anticipation of travelling by car in a new destination is enough to push you to rush through the arrangements. However, planning well in advance will allow you to remember things closer to the holiday so you will be prepared for any situation. Driving a car overseas is always a fun experience but under 25 car rental is to be taken very seriously if you want to avoid a tragedy. Confidence is the key to control but overconfidence is the key to trouble so avoid that at all costs.